Saturday, July 5, 2014

"Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away..."

Since my life was completely consumed by school the past several years, I'm making this summer one of the best I've had by crossing off a bunch of adventures on my Bucket List, especially now that I'm back in San Diego for a few months on clinical rotation.
Most people don't know this, but I'm afraid of heights. The thought of going 1500 feet above ground in a balloon is just ridiculous to me. Like really, I want to find out the physics of how a balloon filled with air can hold hundreds of pounds of weight. Anyways, I thought I'd plummet to splat in no time. But it's one of those adventures that isn't too risky that can help me conquer my fear of heights.
I went on a sunrise hot air balloon flight over the beautiful vineyards in Temecula, CA. Of course starting at 5:30am is not ideal for a bedhead like me, and I really regretted it when the alarm went off, but let me tell you, it's completely worth it. We flew over dozens of wineries in Temecula with breathtaking views of the mountains surrounding this city and glimpses of the coastline.
Hot air balloon flights are so smooth, it's like you're floating...unreal. I was afraid of descending, because it literally just looks like your dropping hundreds of feet in seconds, which you are, but it doesn't feel at all scary. It's the most peaceful and beautiful thing to do when watching the sun rise over Temecula.
Sunrise balloons is awesome! You take off right next to Monte de Oro Winery. The sunrise balloon flight is about a 3 hour adventure. The flight contains a free breakfast with mimosas, pastries, and coffee before boarding the balloon; 100+ professional photos before, during, and after your flight; and a champagne toast during the flight with cheese and crackers to munch on. Seriously, who wouldn't want to pop bottles hundreds of feet above ground in the open air while standing in a hot air balloon? Turn up. You can also stay to do a wine tasting after the flight.
Sunrise balloons offers great deals of about 50% off on groupon and livingsocial during the spring and summer and it's a steal! For more information about the flight and others they offer, visit their website Sunrise Balloons
"Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away..."
~ Frank Sinatra

No comments:

Post a Comment